Frequently asked questions
What type of work activities are volunteers expected to do?
How long does it take to NATUWA from the airport?
- What should I bring?
- Click here!
- Do I need to know Spanish?
- Are there dangerous animals on the property?
- Which currency is used in Costa Rica? Do I have to change my money before?
- What can I do in my free time?
- What is the weather like?
- Are there phone and or internet services I can use?
- Is there a laundry facility available?
- What will I eat? What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Can I do an internship at the sanctuary?
- What forms of public transport are available in the area?
- How much money will I need for activities/transport?
- How can I pay?
- What days of the week can I arrive? OR Is there a certain day of the week that I have to arrive?
- Is there anything that the sanctuary can use that I can bring with me?
- Can I hold a macaw or any other wildlife?
- Is there a Hospital, Bank, Supermarket close to the Rescue Center?
- Where is the center located?
- What is a typical day like?
- Click here
- What kind of vaccination do I need before arriving?